Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Time to clear desk space!

Time to clear the desks in the kids rooms in hopes they will be motivated for a new start this school year.  I went back and forth about what I wanted to store all the writing utensils in, last year  I used one big container for all the pencils and markers but that didn't work so well when we went looking for a certain color marker or a pencil that was already sharpened we had to shuffle through the bucket too much. So I am going to do a separate container for pencils, color pencils and markers to help ease the process. Here is a before and after of one of my daughters desks:


here is the after...ahh what a breath of fresh air


here is a close up of one of my side projects for the color pencil container. 
As much as I wanted to buy new containers...in the spirit of condensing I decided to 
find ways to reuse what I have. So this was a blue christmas bucket 
with bears on it that I bought from dollar tree last christmas,
I just covered it in some zebra print duct tape (I already had) that I bought last year also
because I thought it was cute but really had no project in mind.


I liked it so much I'm looking for stuff to cover with this tape now :-)

1 comment: